From the Board of Elders regarding our response to the Covid 19 pandemic.
The Elders remain in close contact with Pastor Thoma, Bishop Hardy, and Pastor Zwonitzer. In order to take proper care of our congregation and visiting community, we believe it prudent to continue to discuss the latest data and respond accordingly.
Our current plan is to
- Maintain the 9:30am Divine Service
- Follow the service with Bible Study at 11:00am
- Offer a second 12:30pm Divine Service.
The goal will be to allow Sunday morning worshippers more opportunities to spread out for greater social distancing if so desired.
Our other practices and precautions in response to the pandemic will continue as follows:
- We will serve Holy Communion at the base of the chancel steps until further notice.
- We will maintain the Wednesday evening services as we have been doing for the last few months.
- The wearing of masks is still optional, but is certainly encouraged for anyone who wishes to do so.
- Additional seating in the narthex, Chapel, and the Choir loft will continue to be provided and encouraged.
- If you are sick or have been exposed to others who are sick, please do not attend services.
- Please use the hand sanitizers stations provided in the narthex prior to entering the nave and continue to bear in mind the many government recommendations for protecting yourself.
Dec 2 updates:
- Masking tape will be used to indicate “no seating” sections in the pews in order to help facilitate social distancing. Ushers will remind worshippers as they enter to avoid sitting in seats marked by the tape.
- At the conclusion of the service, worshippers will be dismissed by rows, thereby allowing for people to exit the narthex and entryway areas without excessive congregating.
- The Lord’s Supper will continue to be distributed at the base of the chancel steps.
- Pastor Thoma will teach adult Bible study from the front of the nave, thereby allowing for plenty of social distancing as the entirety of the nave is used. At this point, snacks will not be provided.
- Midweek services will take place each Wednesday as usual. The same social distancing and ushering practices employed on Sunday mornings will be used.
We wish for everyone to be able to attend services to hear the Word and receive the Sacraments in relative safety. We will continue to be vigilant and adaptable while making adjustments where necessary.
Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, we ask for Your continued guidance and care in our pursuit of faithfulness to You. Grant us the wisdom of Your Holy Spirit that we would love as you love and serve as You would serve. Keep us in Your protective care as we go about life in this world, reminding us that You work all things for the good of those who love You, who are called according to Your purpose. Be with the families of our school and community. Protect our state and nation. Give an ear of care to our world. Namely, continue to plant the seeds of Your Gospel through us—by our words and deeds—that hearts would be rendered to You in faith. All of this we pray in Your holy name. Amen.
Continue to pray. Together, by God’s grace, we’ll weather this storm, and in the end most certainly be blessed.
I want to thank the Elders for their thoughtful deliberations, and most especially, for their love for Christ and for you. They have your best interest at heart, and they are molding that interest first and foremost according to a faithful adherence to the mandates of Christ.
This is God pleasing, and I only expect that it will be blessed.
If you have any questions about anything that has been shared here, please be sure to let me know. As always, I am your servant and I’ll do what I can to help you and to put your heart and mind at ease.
In Jesus, Pastor Thoma+