Infant and Daycare Center
Arriving and Departing
The security of your child is important to our entire staff. To ensure the safety of your child, we will dismiss only to parents, guardians, or designated persons noted on your emergency card. In the event it is necessary for someone other than those noted to pick up your child, a phone call or a note from the parent / legal guardian is required. Please let the designated person know that they will be required to provide a picture ID before your child will be released to him/her. No child will be dropped off at the door. Parents are responsible for assisting their child/children to their classroom and into the care of a staff person.
Hours / Days Closed
The center is open from 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday Including the summer months.
The Infant and Daycare Center will be closed for the following holidays:
• Good Friday, and the Monday through Friday following Easter
• Memorial Day
• Week of July 4th
• Friday before Labor Day, and Labor Day Monday
• Thanksgiving and the Friday following Thanksgiving
• Christmas Vacation is determined by Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran School’s calendar. The exact dates for the Infant / Daycare break will be published each year by September 1.
Severe Weather and Emergency Closings
Our Infant and Daycare Center will be closed when Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran School closes for inclement weather or other emergency situations. Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran School (Our Savior – Hartland) is the specific designation to listen for on radio or television. We ask that you watch Channel 7 or Channel 6, or listen to WHMI (93.5 FM) or WJR (760 AM) radio for school closing information. If Hartland Schools close, our Infant and Daycare Center is also closed even if they do not read off our name. If Hartland schools goes on a delay our Infant and Daycare Center are still open as scheduled.
Health Care Policies
• We have a close, working relationship with the Livingston County Health Department. Our school and early childhood center is a smoke-free building.
• If your child feels ill (sore throat, fever, upset stomach, etc.), please keep him/her home from our center. A child may return to care once he/she is fever free for 24 hours without medication.
• If your child will not be at the center (for illness or any other reason), please call the school office at 248-887-3836 or contact the director.
• A doctor’s note is required to be readmitted to the daycare after a communicable disease.
• A child will be sent home if, in the opinion of the staff, he/she is too ill to remain in the center or if he/she shows signs of:
Fever (100 or above — Remember a child must be fever-free for 24 hours without medication before returning.)
Cold sores / fever blisters
Discolored nasal discharge
Rash (unless the rash is a diaper rash or parents bring a note from a physician that the rash is not contagious.