Our Savior Lutheran School:
The Critical Factor for Assuring that Knowledge becomes Wisdom!
“I have no greater joy than to know that my children
are walking in the truth.”
III John 4
Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran church was established in Hartland in 1955. The school was added in 1979, initially named Child of Christ Lutheran School. A new church building was completed in 1992 relocating the congregation to its current site of 26 acres on M59. The Lord guided and blessed the congregation again with the opening of the new day school building in 2009, when the school’s name changed to Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran School. We trust His continued provision and direction in the years to come.
Our school is an instrument of our congregation utilized to teach the word of God’s Law and Gospel. Our goal is that all of our students and their families will know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and receive by faith what He has done for us. Through His life, death and resurrection, and His precious Word and blessed Sacraments He gives us forgiveness of sins, life and salvation.
The Lord tells us: “These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down, and when you get up.” Deuteronomy 6:6-7
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Our hope is to:
– Be an avenue for the giving of the Gospel so that each child (and family) may believe in Jesus Christ for salvation.
– Train the child in the biblical truths of Christianity as confessed by the Evangelical Lutheran Church.
– Provide a comprehensive educational program which fosters each child’s growth in knowledge, attitude, and skills from a Christian perspective.
– Enhance the self-worth of each child and lead him to awareness of God’s eternal presence in his life.
– Help each child develop the talents that God has given him.
– Provide a nurturing and caring environment in which each child can work, learn, love and grow.
Our Service to the Parents / Guardians of each Child is to:
– Assist them in their God-given duty and privilege of bringing their children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
– Encourage each family to faithfully attend Divine Services, Sunday School, and Bible Classes.
– To support their congregation, to conduct devotions, and to share Christ and His love in the family circle.
– Encourage parents to support the School and its programs.
– Offer the services of our pastors and auxiliary office holders, as well as the entire congregation, as resources for the total well-being of the family and its relationship.
We believe in the Triune God: the Father, creator of all that exists; Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan; and the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God’s Word and Sacraments. The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.
We cannot and do not gain God’s favor for salvation by what we do. God loves all mankind and abundantly pours out His underserved love to save lost and condemned sinners through the person and work of Jesus Christ.
Those who hear and believe God’s saving message of salvation through Jesus Christ receive what it offers — forgiveness of sins and eternal life.
“Faith clings to Jesus’ cross alone and rests in Him unceasing; and by its fruits true faith is known, with love and hope increasing. For faith alone can justify; Works serve our neighbor and supply the proof that faith is living.” (Hymnal, Lutheran Service Book 555)
The Bible is God’s inerrant and infallible Word by which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. The Bible is the sole norm for faith and practice.
“How precious is the Book divine, by inspiration giv’n! Bright as a lamp its teachings shine to guide our souls to heav’n.” (Hymnal, Lutheran Worship 332)